By establishing or supporting a scholarship, you have the chance to affect transformational change in the life of a student, and sometimes, the trajectory of entire families — for generations to come.
Your donation can fund a scholarship or help maintain an existing scholarship. It can be used to support a university-wide initiative, or a specific college, department or area of interest. Scholarships can support tuition, room and board, or funding for housing, food, books, living expenses, study abroad, service-learning projects, and research or internships. Donors have the opportunity to meet the students they support and hear about the impact that the scholarship has had on the student's life.
Inherent in every contribution, large or small, are the seeds of change, growth, purpose, accomplishment and celebration. We invite you to change the lives of our students by donating today.
Types of Scholarship Support
- Provide support to students for one academic year
- Can be renewed each year by the donor allowing a donor to make an immediate impact in the lives of our students
- Minimum donation for a named annual scholarship is $1,000
- Provide a consistent flow of support to students and allows the university to plan into the future
- Permanent fund in which the original asset is held in perpetuity and only a portion, 4.00 percent, of the earnings are distributed to students on an annual basis
- Minimum donation for a named endowment is $25,000
Learn more about the successes of the Cal Poly Scholars program and how you can support students.
Cal Poly Scholars
- A university-wide scholarship program that aims to recruit and retain high-achieving students with financial need from California high schools
- In addition to the scholarship, the program provides credit towards a personal technology package in the first year, plus proactive advising and a living/learning community throughout the Scholars’ four or five year experience on campus.
For more information about scholarship giving, please contact the University Development Scholarship Office at 805-756-7466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students / Parent’s of Students: For more regarding the selection process, please refer to the Financial Aid Office website or call 805-756-2927.
Other Useful Forms
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.